Find additional resources outside of the MNM Resource Directory below. Please note that the MNM is no longer an active program of CEDAM, and these resources have not been updated since early 2016.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) offers numerous resources to entrepreneurs:
- SizeUp Tool to help business owners better understand their market and competition
- User-friendly Build a Business Plan Tool for creating a plan that can be saved, downloaded, or emailed
- Size Standards Tool to see if a business qualifies for government contracting opportunities
- Events Calendar including trainings, seminars, and workshops around the country
- Tax Credits Available after Fiscal Cliff Deal that businesses should utilize
- an online resource portal designed around Women-Owned Businesses
Michigan Business One Stop
The State of Michigan provides information in the Michigan Business Taxes Registration Booklet, and also offers Michigan Business One Stop as an information and resource hub for those looking to start a business or operate more effectively.
Look for the following resources on the MeL portal. You need to go through the MeL’s business portal to get these for free:
- DemographicsNow: Business & People – A database which provides comprehensive business and demographic information. Can be used to assess business viability, create sales leads and mailing lists, complete location analyses and business plans, analyze population trends, find potential sponsors and donors and more
- Gale LegalForms – provides actual attorney forms and documents in Word format, along with a legal Q&A and attorney directory
- Business Insights Global – great research resources for Michigan businesses interested in international expansion
- Lots of other data and resources for businesses
FDIC’s Money Smart for Small Business
Learn more about a great curriculum that practitioners are easily tailoring to the specific needs of their entrepreneurial clients
An online search tool from the New Economy Initiative (NEI) for entrepreneurs.
Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
A public-private partnership serving as the state’s marketing arm and lead agency for business and economic growth, the MEDC offers numerous business assistance services for entrepreneurship.
Michigan Get Your Business Online!
Google leads this program dedicated to providing Michigan local businesses the tools and resources that they need to succeed online.
The Small Business Majority (SBM) provides various resources helpful to entrepreneurs and small business owners:
- 2013 Energy Resource Guide (Federal)
- 2013 Energy Resource Guide (Michigan)
- Small business tax credit calculator
- Informative flipbook on health care reform and its implications for small businesses
- What’s in Health Care Reform for Small Businesses (PDF)
ProjectionHub is an online tool that enables a person to create financial projections easily and for free.
PNC developed over 20 online interactive workshops around topics in the business startup process, finances, and marketing, to support sustainable business practices.
The AARP encourages self-employment opportunities with a specific focus on 50+ Entrepreneurs, offering trainings and a variety of webinars and other online resources to help encore entrepreneurs gain the knowledge that they need.
The US Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund has expanded capacity building initiatives to support the efforts of entrepreneurs.